Friday, March 27, 2009
After posting prayers for your children i thought it would be wise to post prayers for our husbands! I will continue this until all 31 days are listed. For now here are the first 7. (I got this from the revive our hearts website)
Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord.
Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study,
prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)
Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that
he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)
Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his
heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)
Pray that your husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and
providing for you. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially, so that God will
be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)
Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to
cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of
Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)
Pray that your husband will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the
culture. Pray that he will recognize and avoid wickedness in his own life, and if necessary, take a
clear, strong stand against evil. (Prov. 27:12; John 17:15; 1 Cor. 10:12-13)
Pray that your husband will work hard to provide for his family, to the best of hie ability. Pray that the character qualities necessary will continue to grow-persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills. positive relationships with people, determination etc (Rom 12:11, 1 Cor 15:58)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
If you are like me (and most others, from what i've heard) Scripture memory is truly a challenge. I know that i am to think about it while i sit, walk, talk and meditate...so my nifty hubby has found and created a cool way to make scripture memory cards.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
I've been tagged by Laura Beth to do the 25 random. However I couldn't find the time til now. Ben is shot a wedding today and is still shooting the reception. Brennan is in bed, so I have a moment of quiet house all to myself..
RULES:Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.Step 2: tag—eight other untagged people.
1. Make a list of things you can see without getting up: it way too long-our hosue is packed. I’m in the office, so I’ll name pieces of furniture or items of significance: a guitar or two, two bookshelves, a printer, lamps, candels pictures, an oversized calendar, marker board and bulietin board set..
2. Favorite football team: Auburn Tigers and my old Alama Mater
3. What are you wearing now? stretchy pants, a long sleeve shirt and I just put on Ben’s sweater from yesterday b/c I am freezing!
4. What color is your bedroom? birds egg blue
5. What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? Knowing God by Packer and Systematic Theology by Grudem
6. Do you nap a lot? uhh..no. Only on rare occasion when I can’t hold my eyes open while the ocean sound machine whooshes in Brennan’s room during naps for him..
7. Who was the last person you hugged? Kay Simmons
8. What’s your current obsession/addiction? Orange Mango Juice and strawberries
9. What was the last thing you said aloud? “ready to get out?” (I was taking Brennan out of the tub)
10. What Web sites do you always visit when you go online? My email, facebook, blogs and the weather channel
11. What was the last thing you bought? Green tea, diapers and wipes at CVS
12. What are you listening to right now? the dishwasher
13. What is something you wish you could do more? have a babysitter
14. What gives you hope? Watching couples like Peter and Bethany get married, knowing they will raise a godly heritage
15. What is your favorite weather, and why? I love the heat..i love the sun and the way it makes your skin feel.. so summer. (Ask me that next year after going through the heat of this summer major pregnant though!)
16. What time do you usually get up? 7-8am (whnever Brennan does)
17. What is your most challenging goal right now? to breastfeed the next baby..I know its sounds crazy, but I HATED the first three months of breastfeeding, it got better, but I have LOVED the bottle..Many people say just to do formula the whole way if that’s how I feel, but I know that is not whats best for baby and me..
18. If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? On the beach in South Spain
19. Favorite vacation spot? the beach..any of them as long as its warm
20. What is your favorite children’s book? Oh the Places You will Go by Dr Seuss..i read it to every class the 1st and last day of school.
21. Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: donuts-hot and fresh from Krispy Creme
22. If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be? Kate from ‘John & Kate + 8
23. Have you ever met anyone famous? what do you consider famous..Big Daddy Weave were Ben’s best friends and often roommates in college, Shane and Shane, Miss Alabama, Miss America…do any of these count?
24. If you could have any job in the world , what would it be? I’m doing a big part of my dream now as a wife and mommy..my biggest job dreams of all times..i’ve taught too, another of my dreams..but one day I would love to get my reading specialist degree and spend my days teaching children to read
25. Who is your hero? Right now, with the whole motherhood thing..Yonea and all mothers of many multiples..you guys are unsung heros.Motherhood can be tough!
26. Who is the last person you talked to? My sweet baby boy
My added question: Who has invested the most in you other than your parents?
So i tag Jen, Alison, Stephanie, Alyssa, Lisa, Michelle, Merideth & Judith
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
That they will have a real born again experience and come to know God personally. (John 3:3)
That they will have soft, tender hearts to hear the voice of the Lord and that they will walk humbly before Him. ((Isaiah 57:15; 66:2; 1 Peter 5:5-6)
That they will love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength. (Mark 12:50)
That God will pour out His Holy Spirit upon them. (Isaiah 44:3-4)
That they will love the Word of God, love to pray, and love to fellowship with the saints. (1 Peter 2:2; Psalm 55:17; Hebrews 10:25)
That they will love righteousness and hate evil. (Psalm 97:10; 101:3; Amos 5:15; John 17:15-16; Romans 12:9)
That they will hate lies and deception and seek after truth. (Psalm 51:6; 119:30; 163; Proverbs 12:22; 13:5; 19:9)
That they will stand up for truth and never compromise; that they will stand and keep on standing against all opposition. (Ephesians 6:13-14)
That they will hate the spirit of this world, but instead, bring God's love and salvation to the needy in this world. (John 17:18; Philippians 2:15; 1 John 2:15-17)
That they will understand true justice and have discernment regarding good and evil, the holy and the profane. (Leviticus 10:10; Isaiah 59:14-15; Jeremiah 15:19; Ezekiel 22:26)
That they will seek God with all their hearts. (Psalm 27:8; 105:4; 119:2; Proverbs 28:5; Zephaniah 2:3)
That their whole spirit, soul and body will be kept pure and blameless unto the coming of the Lord. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
That God will give them godly wives and husbands. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)
That they will love and embrace children and establish godly homes. (Psalm 27 and 28: Malachi 2:15)
That God will keep them from accident, harm, sickness and danger, and all enemy attack. Psalm 91)