I took a trip to Tallassee for my 10 year class reunion..we squeezed a lot in..that trip to the zoo, this picnic, a Cinco de Mayo celebration with Katherine and her fam, the reunion and soem tractor time..Our Mother's day picnic for Nana..i don't know where Charlie is...
Playing in the dirt, watchin Papa work..they had both had multiple turns don't worry
Knox checking out the water..
My little happy man
Me and Katherine..my bff from high school..our reunion before the Reunion..out at her parents new house that backs up to the river in Tallassee.
Off with the pants and into the water Brennan goes..
Monday, May 30, 2011
You might be a STAY AT HOME MOM if:
1. The closest thing you've gotten to a facial is opening the dishwasher before the load was complete
2. You have ever wiped a nose with the clothing you are wearing
3. Its after 12 noon and you realize you still haven't put on a bra
4. You spend more time studying the fridge and cabinets to make a grocery list than any other subject
5. If you get up and put on clothes that couldn' t double as pjs or workout clothes your kids ask where 'we are going'
6. You've ever snuck dessert while they were napping so that you didn't have to share your favorite ice cream
7. Adult conversation is what happens when the kids are asleep
8. If you've ever locked yourself in the bathroom to have a phone conversation
9. The last 'trip to the mountains' happened when you walked into your laundry room
10. You didn't know the world was supposed to end last Saturday because you only watch pbs kids
Saturday, May 14, 2011
My mom wanted to take Brennan to the Montgomery Zoo for his brithday. He LOVES trains and animals so what a combo huh? HE LOVED it!!! It was fun for all!
Our ride on the train..
Hopey and her kiddos..
The little red engine..
Brennan and Anna Beth checking out the giraffes..
Knoxie and Nana looking for monkeys..
Knox and Brennan looking for elephants
Can you see the tiger out in the distance?
We took a trip to meet my parents. Growing up in Scottsboro was a such fun and i have a ton of memories with the Rhodes family. Really most all my childhood memories include that sweet family that has continued to be family for me despite the fact i have been gone from there for 16 years..
We met here and had a small easter egg hunt and played with Ann's kids Ellie, Luke and Andrew..it was great to be around that family!The back porch made a great place for feeling like home
Brennan has asked a couple of times lately to go back to Mrs. "Liz-beth's"
Knox only stopped long enough to show me his egg..
Brennan and Knox at our church easter outreach egg hunt...we got a great door prize for a free appetizer at Bonefish grill!
As many mommies know Sunday is not an easy day ot get everyone dressed and out the door..i managed to not get one single picture of the boys in their cute outfits. They wore plaid shorts and polos..thats about as fancy as it gets around here!
We spontaneously decided to go tot Ben's moms after church and she spontaneously was given the afternoon off of work. So i did not have a change of clothes for them..they played in their polo shirts near the creek behind her house..And after a couple of rounds of golf and ping pong you could guess what came next with hot weather and boys near a creek..they wanted to get in..the water was FREEZING! But they loved it..it came to about Ben's mid calf and had pebbles and shells-quiet clear for a creek.